I made these first with my godsons, who thought they were the best thing they’ve ever tasted, and ask for them every time I visit. They’re simple to make, and you can use whatever you’ve got in the fridge inside. Even bbq sauce with leftover bits of roasted chicken would be delicious! If you look closely, you’ll see little bits of pickle, which were a special request from a 7-year old!
1 batch pizza dough, store bought or homemade, at room temperature
2 cups tomato sauce or pesto
1 cup pepperoni, or other meat/veg
2-3 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
chili flakes, dried oregano or other seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a floured surface, roll out pizza dough to a large rectangle with the long side parallel to the counter.
- Spread tomato sauce evenly over dough, right to the edges. Lay pepperoni or other meat/veg evenly over tomato sauce, sprinkle with chili and/or oregano if using.
- Cover dough with grated cheese. Carefully pull up the long edge of the crust closest to you and roll it forward. Continue to roll dough until you get a nice, compact log.
- Using a serrated knife, slice the log into 12 even rounds. Press each round into the well of a muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes, or until dough is cooked through and cheese is bubbling and lightly browned.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool slightly then remove from pan and enjoy!